How to make the tax declaration on time?

If this year you were in a hurry because you didn’t know how to make the tax return, it won’t happen again. Get organized now!

Submitting your annual return after time can generate serious problems in your personal finances, especially if you did not take the precaution of saving your receipts, filing your expenses, or keeping track of the requested invoices throughout the year.

Just to give you an idea, the penalties imposed by the Tax Administration Service (Tax Department) for the breach of this procedure can range from 1,240 pesos to 30,850 pesos for each of the undeclared obligations.

How to make the tax declaration on time in Mexico

How to make the tax declaration on time in Mexico

Currently it is not so complicated to submit your statement and you can do it yourself through two applications available on the Tax Department website: Employees and Tax Department. All you have to do is enter your data according to your income, your expenses and your deductions and the application will calculate the taxes you have to pay.

Paying taxes is very easy, you can do it directly at the window of any bank branch, either in cash or debit card and you only have to take the capture line, and even through electronic banking also entering the invoice line and making the corresponding transfer.

It is important that throughout the year you have the following information:

Documents at hand


Always bring your RFC data with you when you need to request an invoice and keep your electronic signature updated to submit your monthly returns and prepare your electronic invoices. This will allow you to keep track of your income and expenses and, above all, comply with your fiscal obligations month by month, to avoid that when April 2016 arrives, you will press again to collect vouchers for all months.

Remember that the receipts of fees, invoices and the monthly declarations presented will be within the documents that you will have to present for the annual declaration.

Identify your profile

Identify your profile

There are those who do not have the slightest idea of ​​under what regime we are registered with the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit, but it is essential to know our rights and obligations.

For example, you will be required to submit your annual statement if you offer professional services, receive income under the salaried or salaried assimilated scheme, have investments abroad or rent real estate.

Even if you have not received income during the year, but you are registered in the Federal Taxpayers Registry (RFC), you will have to file your return in zeros through.



Remember that deductions also have a limit, as they cannot exceed four general minimum annual salaries or 10 percent of your total income. So it is important that you inform yourself so that in case you have to make your annual statement, you can even request a refund if it corresponds to you.

Copyright © 20 Focaci | All Rights Reserved